The Social Culture (Visa Sos-Bud), procedures and requirements
Valid for 6 months (single visit)
The purpose of this visa is to social/cultural visit, such as visiting relatives/friends; social organizations; exchange visits between educational institutions; undertaking research and attending training programme in Indonesia. With this visa you are not allowed to do business activities in Indonesia or to take up employment. Sponsorship is required by an Indonesian citizen, for instance in Indonesia.
You need to supply the following documents:
Your Indonesian sponsor needs to supply:
- Sponsorship letter of sponsor
- Copy of sponsor identity card whose residence is in Indonesia (KTP)
- Copy of sponsor family register
- Copy of sponsor bank account statements
- A letter of registration from the institution/college/school in Indonesia verifying the duration and nature of the course, training or research.
- Evidence that all the necessary fees have been paid in advance. If the applicant is on a scholarship/award programme, a statement/letter of confirmation from the sponsor(s)/awardees is required.
You need to supply:
- Copy of your passport
- 2 (two) passport sized photographs (4 x 6 )
There are two ways of applying for this visa:
1. If you apply for this visa at the Indonesian embassy in Singapore it is easy because you only need the sponsorship letter and your application is not processed through Jakarta. This process takes about 1 day. The process in the Singapore embassy can take up to 3-4 days or you can use an agent in Singapore who can help you to process only in one day.
2. If you apply for the visa in other countries, your documents need to be processed in Jakarta. This process can take up to 4 days before a decision is made and the visa is granted. If your application is approved you will receive a telex visa which you can take to the nearest Indonesian embassy or consulate. A fee is payable in local currencies for the visa application and duration of processing is depending on the embassy – consulate where the visa is applied.
After you have received your social visa, you must return to Indonesia straightaway. You will get 60 days free visit (extendable in Immigration).
Call Us now.!
Make you feel like home
Contact Person: IRFAN
Phone/SMS : +62812-9227219